Question

iPad Underscore

Jul 22, 2012 4:41AM PDT

Hi.
I've just bought my 1st iPad and love it! But some of my website login password created in Windows contain Underscores. This is not a problem in the iPad email program as the Underscore key is visible on the onscreen keyboard, however on the keyboard that appears for web logins this key appears to be missing. Is there a way to enter an Underscore in passwords, or am I going to have to create a completely new set of passwords?
Many thanks
Mike7P

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: iPad Underscore
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: iPad Underscore
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Seems it's on page 3
Jul 22, 2012 4:43AM PDT
- Collapse -
Thanks Again Bob....
Jul 22, 2012 8:31AM PDT

Your Forum searches are obviously better than mine, I tried searching before posting both my questions today but didn't get the right results like you did.
Many thanks
Mike7P

- Collapse -
Thanks for that.
Jul 23, 2012 2:02AM PDT

Sorry for the short reply but it was late. Glad you are moving along again!

- Collapse -
Answer
Check 3rd page of your keypad
Jul 22, 2012 5:42PM PDT

While you enter your credentials on a web form the underscore is on the 3rd page of your keyboard. You do not need to have a new account, enter it from you 3rd page of the keypad.

- Collapse -
Underscore key
Jan 9, 2013 5:31AM PST

You are right, it is on the third key (very left side key in the middle row), on most websites. I have an underscore in my email, and I am able to log into this just fine, but the all these people are having, just like me is that certain websites (Pandora being one) when you go to the third screen that very left, center row key is no longer an underscore, it is slash. So I am still at a loss.

Could there be a way to macro or something to store an Underscore in those circumstances?

- Collapse -
Sorry, but.......
Jan 9, 2013 6:40AM PST

Please feel free to start a new thread. Since the original question was answered in July and is not a currently active thread, this thread is now closed.

CNET Forums

Forum Info