General discussion

ipad 3?

Heard a rumor that there could be an ipad 3 coming out this fall along with the iphone 5 (or some call it the 4gs). Just curious if anyone has heard about this. Was thinking of getting the ipad 2, but since I don't really need one right now, am willing to wait until fall to get an upgraded one. Just curious if anyone else has heard anything.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: ipad 3?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: ipad 3?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Yup.

And if you follow patents the iPhone 6 has some really great stuff.

Can you wait?
Bob

- Collapse -
Cnet leaks it will be 3D
- Collapse -
A lot early for an iPad 3 but

I could see an iPhone 4S (or some such letter) coming before the iPhone 5

- Collapse -
Yeah

I seriously doubt we will see 3 models of the iPad within 12 months. The original iPad isn't even 1 year old.

- Collapse -
(NT) Plus, the roll out for the iPad 2 is not complete yet
- Collapse -
No iPad 3 this fall

I'll take bets with anyone who thinks an iPad 3 is coming this fall. The product cycle for the iPad (and iPhone, for that matter) is clearly one year. The iPad 3 won't be around until next spring. Think of it this way: Apple can't even keep up with demand for the current iPad, so why would they need to come out with a new one?

CNET Forums