Well, it doesn't seem to be an issue of the site, it seems. Or is it?
- What happens in between with the router? Is it turned off or does it stay turned on?
- What happens in between with the computers? Are they turned off or do they stay on or standby or hibernate?
- During the day, what does ipconfig say about the validity of the lease.
- Why do you have to reset their IP address. Why not your friend (who works there) or the users themselves. Quite a nuisance if you have to go there every day if you don't work there.
- What program gives the message? The browser they use to access the program? An application that connects to the database?
- Why ipconfig /renew? Doesn't it suffice to reconnect from the icon in the system notification area? Or does the message come while it's still connected and all other internet connected programs (like a browser and their e-mail program) work?
- What does the IT person that is responsible for the network at the office say about it? I assume the doctor doesn't do the IT management himself, so he has it outsourced.
A very unclear and incomplete post indeed. I'd really advice the doctor to contract a professional IT and network management.
Good day to all. I have a friend who works at a doctor office that have various offices on the same network. All computers are using a cloud based EMR software. All of the computers except for one is not working with their wireless. They are getting an
"ip address is not recognized" message.
I do an ipconfig /renew to reset their ip address. The issue is solved for the entire day but when they arrive back to the office the next day, they are unable to connect to the internet. I can do the ip renew but I need to know if anyone can help me with a permanent fix, thanks!
Irrelevant site name removed by moderator.