Tablets forum

Question

iOS 6 memory problem

My iPhone is now unable to take pictures and even to scan a QR code BBC its memory is obviously full, although I have already CLEARED ALL PICTURES AND RECORDED FILES. What else in the world am I supposed to do now?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: iOS 6 memory problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: iOS 6 memory problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: memory problem

In reply to: iOS 6 memory problem

Why 'obviously'? What makes you think so?

Kees

Collapse -
what do you think?

In reply to: Re: memory problem

I can't take pictures or scan QR codes, like I said.

Collapse -
I think 3 things:

In reply to: what do you think?

1. You don't need to store anything to scan a QR code, so it's unlikely to be related to having not enough space to store something.
2. Since the common factor of taking pictures and scanning QR codes is the camera, the camera is broken.
3. Find a repair shop and have it repaired. Or find Apple and have it repaired if you still have warranty.

Kees

Collapse -
THAT'S NOT THE CASE

In reply to: I think 3 things:

Whenever I wanna do either of these two a message will pop up saying that memory's limited, thus the task can not be done.

Collapse -
Re: memory

In reply to: THAT'S NOT THE CASE

There are 2 kinds of memory in a phone, just like as in a PC. The one is the RAM (4 GB here), the other comparable to the SSD (or HDD) for storage. Deleting files, like you did, releases storage space. To release RAM, run less apps at the same time. So it makes sense that all those deletions didn't make any difference.

For iOS devices we have a dedicated forum: http://forums.cnet.com/mac-forums/iphones-and-ipods-forum/
I think it's better to post there. Be sure to be clear about the issue, and give the full and litteral text of the error message. And that probably isn't "Memory's limited, thus the task can't be done."

Kees

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.