Computer Help forum

General discussion

iomega 1-step back up files

Hi
I have recently discovered some old zip discs that I created years ago of photos that I had taken and would now love to retrieve. I bought a iomega zip drive off ebay but have now discovered I am unable to open the files as they are '1-step' files. I've been in touch with iomega but they couldn't help. Can anyone suggest how I can find the software that will enable me to open my files?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: iomega 1-step back up files
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: iomega 1-step back up files
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Not sure.

In reply to: iomega 1-step back up files

I'm surprised that Iomega cannot help you with their own products, however old they may be.

But perhaps the software in the site linked below may help. It seems to offer various Iomega 1-step software, and if you can remember what you used all that time ago, perhaps you can use the same again;
http://home.netcom.com/~deepone/zipjaz/download.html

Possible problems;

1] The software is not compatible with the OS you are currently using.

2] If that original Iomega software backed up these files with password control, you may struggle to get this software to work, even if you know the original passwords.

Good luck.

Mark

Collapse -
iomega 1-step back up files

In reply to: Not sure.

thanks. Sadly those links you sent me don't appear to work anymore and although I did a search on w32_iom221a_en.exe and found the file elsewhere, when I came to ran it, it seemed to be the software for openoffice.org! Any further suggestions would be welcome!

Collapse -
I don't see a simple solution

I've searched for any method to open Iomega 1-step files, but anything I find sends me straight back to Iomega's original software.

I am beginning to think that, unless you still have the original software somewhere, and a DOS capable machine that can run it, your next step is going to be to find a "Data recovery" service somewhere.

There will be few, if any, free options available, and so you will probably need to weigh up the cost of recovery against the value you place on these photos. Even then, with a professional recovery service, full recovery is not ensured.

Sorry.

Mark

Collapse -
Long shot. The miracle.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.