Computer Help forum

General discussion

Invisible 'radio buttons' inFirefox 1.0.4

by wynnsol / July 22, 2005 5:28 AM PDT

I've changed something in Firefox options that makes 'radio buttons' [like the one that gets you to this page to make a post] invisible. I can find them by scrolling around until the cursor changes from an 'arrow' to the 'pointing finger', but I have to guess at what they do.
This makes navigating some sites a PITA.

Any ideas on what I need to change to get buttons back?
[running under XP, SP2]

TIA,
Wynnsol

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Invisible 'radio buttons' inFirefox 1.0.4
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Invisible 'radio buttons' inFirefox 1.0.4
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I would update to Firefox 1.0.6 which...
by glenn30 / July 22, 2005 5:59 AM PDT

is the latest version and hope it solves the problem. My procedure is to uninstall the old version first and then install the latest version. It has always kept my settings, bookmarks, etc.

If that does not help you may need to uninstall and then clear the registry of all references to Firefox and install again. BE CAREFUL in the registry though and make a backup of the registry before proceeding in case something goes wrong. This procedure will remove all your settings, bookmarks, etc. so you need to make a backup of these first. I use a small utility by Mozilla for that purpose but never had the need to use backups. Utility is MozBackup 1.3.2.

Hope this helps.

Glenn

Collapse -
Invisible 'radio buttons' inFirefox 1.0.4
by Bob__B / July 22, 2005 7:32 AM PDT
Collapse -
Thanks Bob B
by wynnsol / July 22, 2005 10:53 AM PDT

That did the trick!
Never would have suspected that dodge of loading images from a different site for routine things like radio buttons.

Thanks again.
Wynnsol

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

GREAT SHOWS WITHOUT CABLE

Get live TV over the internet

Say goodbye to cable -- check out the top five live TV streaming services available now.