HolidayBuyer's Guide

TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Inventive DVD recorder problem with set up

by Ulha / August 15, 2007 1:41 AM PDT

If anybody out there has one of these (DRW 2033) and knows how to delete the timer from the screen I would be so pleased to hear about it. Having made some recordings the clock appeared, but the manual isn't very clear so I don't know how to get rid of it. I can't find any reference in the set up or editing programs, some parts of which are greyed out. Many thanks if you can help.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Inventive DVD recorder problem with set up
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Inventive DVD recorder problem with set up
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
INVENTIVE IS THAT A BRAND NAME???........
by Riverledge / August 16, 2007 11:02 AM PDT

What else do they make?

river.

Collapse -
FROM WHAT I HAVE READ, THIS IS A HORRIBLE PLAYER..........
by Riverledge / August 16, 2007 11:13 AM PDT

FOR MORE INFO:

GOOGLE "INVENTIVE, DRW2033"

Doesn't look good, sorry

river.

Collapse -
You're right
by Ulha / August 23, 2007 12:08 AM PDT

Thank you for that. I had a google but there's nothing about my particular problem. Anyway as several say there are better reasonably priced machines now on the market, but when I got this it was reviewed as good for the money. It works OK but I don't understand all the instructions, but somebody more savvy might be able to. Cheers!

Collapse -
If you already go throught the editing and deleted it but...
by ahtoi / August 23, 2007 2:17 AM PDT
In reply to: You're right

it still show up on the tv screen? One fast way is to push the timer button again and the message should go away. I don't have an Inventive but that's how mine worked. Hope this works for you.

Collapse -
by manrow / September 8, 2007 1:36 AM PDT

I also have one of these dvd recorders.

For its price it does what it says on the label, records. The timer is in view when recording but not on playback. I cannot locate the users manual so cannot help with your problem, especially as the setup on-screen menu is very confusing!

Only comment I would make is it is a very fussy machine in terms of which dvds it will record on. Half of those I try it rejects!! It is also very slow to start recording and even worse to stop! If you want to cut out the adverts it is dubious whether you will be ready or not!

Collapse -
My ARTEC DVD RECORDER is...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 8, 2007 1:43 AM PDT

All too similar. While it does state what media it does work with, you don't dare try anything else.

THAT ISSUE OF TAKING A LONG TIME TO START RECORDING is the same here. I figure about 10 seconds. Much longer than an old VHS.

Bob

Collapse -
by manrow / September 8, 2007 8:03 PM PDT

Bob, you encouraged me to time mine this morning; it takes nearly 30 seconds between pressing the stop button to being able to view another programme?! Let alone start recording again!!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.