Share what's in your boot.ini I'll compare it to mine.
I will not offer any step-by-step since you must be able to run notepad, copy and paste without step-by-step, click-by-click instructions.
Please help, have spent a whole day looking for answers to a boot problem on my Windows 2000 Prof. computer. When I boot up the computer, I get a black screen that says ''press F1 to continue'', then another black screen that says ''BOOT.INI invalid, then BOOTING FROM C:WINNT. The windows OS then loads.
I have done the following:
1. Searched the web including Microsoft Windows for invalid boot.ini info, Cnet, Google, etc. Most of the answers are for Windows XP which aren't the same as for Windows 2000 and I did try them anyway!
2. Unchecked hidden files - Boot.ini is still not there, have done a search for this file and it still isn't there. Went to control panel, system, advanced tab, starup and recovery, get a message C:\boot.ini file cannot be opened, click OK, and there is no option to edit - just 3 checked boxes!
3. Set the BIOS to boot using the Windows CD
4. Run the Recover Console but when I get to the part about typing in bootcfg /rebuild, there is no command for that. There is also no commands for any type of Boot anything. The only command available is FIXBOOT. I tried that and still it doesn't work.
5. Have McAfee anti virus and have run that, everything is ok.
If someone can help with step by step instructions, I
thank you in advance. Nothing else has worked!