Question

intstalling software gives random BSOD

hello, newbie here. i just want to know about those BSODs. because when i tried to install some applications the system crashes and tah-dah, BSOD. i have read from other forums that updating some drives really helps but after downloading the driver update and running them. poof, BSOD again. here's one log of BSOD.

Dump File : 060411-39452-01.dmp
Crash Time : 6/4/2011 3:02:33 PM
Bug Check String : SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Bug Check Code : 0x0000003b
Parameter 1 : 00000000`c0000005
Parameter 2 : fffff800`02ed4905
Parameter 3 : fffff880`0c0b4ff0
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+70700
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: intstalling software gives random BSOD
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: intstalling software gives random BSOD
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Re: 0x0000003B
- Collapse -
thanks

thanks dude. i have updated my driver and some apps can be installed now, but other drivers shows the same BSOD.

- Collapse -
Not very clear.

1. Which driver did you update. From what source?
2. Why do you think it are drivers showing the BSOD.
3. The links I gave tell about a Microsoft hotfix, not about drivers.

Maybe better do a system recovery back to factory settings? It worked initialy, didn't it?

Kees

CNET Forums