General discussion

Internet @TV "Starting"

I can't get on to internet @TV, it says "Starting" forever and nothing happens. I can use Yahoo with no problem and I have all 4 checks!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Internet @TV "Starting"
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Internet @TV "Starting"
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Internet @TV "Starting"

mrgeemoney,

What model do you have?

--HDTech

- Collapse -
Internet @TV "Starting"

Samsung LN40C650 - 40" Wide-screen 1080p LCD HDTV - 120Hz I can get to the home screen of Internet @TV but when I hit enter nothing happens it just times out.

- Collapse -
Internet @TV "Starting"

mrgeemoney,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue.

If you haven't already, try updating the firmware on the TV to make sure you have the latest software available for your set.

If you've done that, or there's not an update available, you might try to reset the TV by holding down the EXIT button for 15 seconds until the TV prompts you to RESET. Select YES and then [ENTER]. (Doing so will bring all of your settings, including your network, back to factory default - just a heads up).

Connect to your network and attempt to launch Internet@TV again. If it doesn't work, you may have to have the unit serviced.

One of the first things that will happen when the Internet@TV launches if you go to OPTIONS or Apps is update the current apps, which takes about 5-10 minutes. But let's get you connected first so that the Apps can launch.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
Still no Internet @TV

I did everything you say and the same thing still happens! I get to the home screen of the Internet TV press enter and it times out. How come I still have the updated version 1030 I put on the TV and it didn't go back to the old version that the TV came with? I can't believe you are tell me that the TV needs to be serviced and its a week old? That is what Samsung does is sell broken TV's?

- Collapse -
Still no Internet @TV

mrgeemoney,

Are you able to check and see if you are able to download or check for the latest firwmare update? It may be that you're not connected to the Internet.

That said, if that doesn't work, you can either work with your retailer on having the unit exchanged or we'll be happy to service the unit under warranty.

Sometimes products have a rough trip, or in rare cases, they don't work out of the box due to no fault of how it was manufactured. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
Still no Internet @TV

As I stated before, I did an update already and the Yahoo Facebook and Twitter all work! The internet works find!

I have read on many posts in this forum that a lot of people are having trouble getting the Internet@ to work on there TV.

Are you guys blocking IP address?

I bought the TV from Buy.com and I really don't want to go through all the trouble to send it back, it was a nightmare getting the TV!

- Collapse -
Still no Internet @TV

mrgeemoney,

The forum is worldwide, so a "lot of people" can mean a lot of different things. I've seen some posts with FIOS, but that should have been worked out from their end already.

We do have a special line set up specifically to assist with Apps and Internet@TV. They can be reached at (US) 888.899.7609. Let me know if that helps.

Does your model code (on the blue sticker on the rear of the TV) end with XAA?

--HDTech

- Collapse -
Still no Internet @TV

I called and gave them my modem model and provider, they said they will call me back.

CNET Forums

Forum Info