General discussion

Internet slowed down horribly after uninstall Hotspot Shield

I installed hotspot shield, but decided to to uninstall it right away because it caused my laptop wifi connection to be very unstable.

Afterwards the laptop wifi connection has slowed down dramatically so I ran malwarebytes and there were seems to be some worms from a bunch of source, haven't done a scan in 4 months so I'm not sure if thats caused by hotspot shield.

My question is, is this the reason for my internet slow down or, would there be another reason?

Any advise welcomed!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Internet slowed down horribly after uninstall Hotspot Shield
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Internet slowed down horribly after uninstall Hotspot Shield
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I've heard such before.

I usually have to wait this the client is sick and tired of the trouble then we uninstall this shield and return to normal operation.
Bob

- Collapse -
done with this!

Hotspot shield will automatically change your I.P address so you can gain secure access to all internet content. It is also the main reason why your Internet services is SLOW.. recommend to only use it if your having survey's or spam I.P in your place.

CNET Forums