Networking & Wireless forum

General discussion

Internet problems

by Salincer / December 3, 2007 7:05 AM PST

Okay so out of the oridinary, my computer stops showing some myspace pictures; so im like "okay..myspace is having downs....okay"..but the problem still consist. so i get on my laptop and check to see what happens when i get on there....and it works (its through my wireless router). And it does it alot now too, like ebay, msn.com etc. So i tried getting foxfire...same happened there. Tried uninstalling it...nothing new happened. I also tried right clicking my connection and repair it. and then it would work...then about 5 min later...it would be back where i started. Ive tried rebooting, nothing there. So im out of ideas...i dont want to constently rightclick repair every five minutes. I dont have zonealarm, im using the windows XP firewall, i run Ad-aware, AVG, and spybot weekly to keep my computer running nice..i updated it. anyone have any suggestions?

thanks, Salincer

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Internet problems
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Internet problems
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I got nothing.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 3, 2007 8:23 AM PST
In reply to: Internet problems

The basics are missing from your post so I'm stumped. Try what our forum sticky items first.

Bob

Collapse -
Sorry,
by Salincer / December 3, 2007 11:09 AM PST
In reply to: I got nothing.

Didnt see that...ive had this connection for a long time
main cable>isp modem> wireless router>to walls>to my room>to my comp

Collapse -
Still blind.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 3, 2007 12:44 PM PST
In reply to: Sorry,

For now just try our forum sticky. There are some words in red you see when you post to help you flush out your posts with needed detail.

Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!