HolidayBuyer's Guide

Laptops forum

General discussion

Internet problems

by spyker164 / October 25, 2006 10:37 PM PDT

Hi, i started having this problem a week ago. Normally my homepage is google, but i installed msn 8 and always changes to another webpage. And if i put google as homepage it changes back to the other page. This happends since i installed msn 8.
Im thinking of downloading Internet explorer 7.

(im writing this in laptop section because nobody answers to my in other sections)

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Internet problems
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Internet problems
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Sorry, I don't use IE much.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 25, 2006 10:52 PM PDT
In reply to: Internet problems

IE and MSN are far too often exploited with IE7 gathering too many posts about it's issues. I'm staying with IE6 since I mainly use Mozilla browser such as Firefox.

Why expose my machine to these pests?

Bob

Collapse -
Still its much more secure
by austere_sly / October 26, 2006 12:37 AM PDT

Hey bob...i read smewer dat even if u r using other browser like firefox or opera ( i myself uses firefox) its still better idea to get IE7 coz its more secure.I have seen in sme sites which has problem with even "View Page in IE tab" plug in..also wen using msn messenger, it
always open mailbox in IE.
nother reason to upgrade can be dat its looks cooler than previous ones...hehe

Collapse -
Maybe more secure but how to address ...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 26, 2006 2:18 AM PDT

Read these forums and you read many problems. Why should I inflict this on myself? Remember I only use IE for Windows Update.

Bob

Collapse -
seems like an adware or spyware issue
by austere_sly / October 26, 2006 12:46 AM PDT
In reply to: Internet problems

i would recommend u to switch to firefox or opera which are better than IE....Upgrade to IE 7 as it is in no doubt more secure that IE6.
u can use application like WinASO Registry Optimizer or CCleaner which can be downloaded frm download.com for normalizing ur IE....use spyware doctor or Ad-Aware SE Pesonal Edition to remove spyware periodically from ur computer.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.