Small business & Startups forum

General discussion

Internet money???

by wood22 / March 13, 2007 12:04 AM PDT

As many times that I've searched (each search just confuses me more) I have a hard time figuring out how people are making money on line. It seems plausible to have 100 people per day sending someone $10 for a value service. The sites that scream "Make Money Here" are more hype than substance waiting to the very end, if at all, to say what the product or service is. I'm a professional nail pounder (Master Carpenter) so I admit to not being all that tech savvy. I can build a house and all the furniture that goes into it, but the INTERNET still holds mysteries.
So my question is, where dose a monkey like me do to gain a little cash flow? I'm sure that this question has come up before. At least in bits and pieces but I'm hoping that someone who started from scratch has some ideas they'll pass on. Thank you.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Internet money???
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Internet money???
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
You are a master
by entrecon / April 5, 2007 6:42 AM PDT
In reply to: Internet money???

The trick is to work from what you know. You are a Master Carpenter, so I am assuming your knowledge of carpentry is fairly vast. It can also be assumed that there are people out there that could use some of that knowledge. A website that sells some of that knowledge in report form could generate some cash. Reports might include
- Tips for hiring a carpenter
- How to become a Master Carpenter
- How to avoid code violations
- Basics for framing a house

You could also build an informational website for free and then sell advertising space on it. This would require you to build a substantial audience and would take longer than the first option.

I am basing this on the fact that you shared you were a carpenter. Look at your other itnerests and hobbies and find something you would enjoying sharing with others. The sites that I see that are the most successful are ones that people have a passion for.

Collapse -
Reports
by wood22 / April 5, 2007 9:23 PM PDT
In reply to: You are a master

Thanks entrecon,
I think your suggesting 'download this report for $1' ??? If so, the set up on downloading is a little beyond (I'd have a bunch of homework to do.) me but selling ad space I think I can do.

Collapse -
With the right tools
by entrecon / April 5, 2007 10:53 PM PDT
In reply to: Reports

There are several tools out there than can assist you in setting up a way to do the report thing. I could help you out if you wanted to give me a shout (you should be able to contact me thorugh my profile on here).

Do you have a website for your carpentry business? Setting one up for that might be a good start.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!