TVs & Home Theaters forum

Question

Internet for my Panasonic tx-l42e30

by wibaki / November 4, 2013 11:37 PM PST

Hello everyone.
I recently bought my Panasonic TV tx-l42e30
I saw there are some pretty cool stuff like skype or random sports which i cant access because i need an Internet connection.I do have Internet for my PC.I also see there is a way to connect it wireless but everytime i go to do that it just doesnt work.
I am a bit new to all this and i i understand correctly i need one adapter to make this happen.Can someone explain me whats the name of this adapter and what should i go so i can connect my TV to the internet?
Thank you

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Internet for my Panasonic tx-l42e30
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Internet for my Panasonic tx-l42e30
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: adapter
by Kees_B Forum moderator / November 4, 2013 11:42 PM PST

I'd go back to the shop where I bought the TV and now buy a compatbible adapter. The user manual or installation guide should tell you how to install and use it.

I assume you know you need a wireless router also, to use Internet wirelessly, if your PC now is connected with a cable.

Kees

Collapse -
adapter
by wibaki / November 4, 2013 11:47 PM PST
In reply to: Re: adapter

I do have a wireless router.But the TV was bought by someone else so i cant know where he bought it from.I was wondering if there is an adapter which i could order online to buy.

Collapse -
Re: adapter
by Kees_B Forum moderator / November 4, 2013 11:52 PM PST
In reply to: adapter

The user manual should tell what adapters are compatible. Then any shop (either brick or click) that has one of those might be good. I don't know, of course, what shops there are where you live and what reliable webshops you are customer of.

Kees

Collapse -
adapter
by wibaki / November 4, 2013 11:54 PM PST
In reply to: Re: adapter

Thanks again i was just hoping someone would have the same TV with me so he could tell me wich adapter will work for sure.
Anyway again thanks a lot for your responses

Collapse -
That's not something to expect ...
by Kees_B Forum moderator / November 5, 2013 12:00 AM PST

in 20 minutes. This is one of our least visited forums, I'm afraid.
But maybe someone will come along in the next few days.

Kees

Collapse -
adapter
by wibaki / November 5, 2013 12:03 AM PST

Well i found the adapter i must use is the dy-wl10e-k.
The problem is its kinda expensive Silly
Wouldn't be possible if i found an old router i got and just connect it my TV wired?
Panasonic asks 70$ for the adapter Grin

Collapse -
Here's a model I use
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 5, 2013 1:58 PM PST

Look up the Netgear wnce2001. I got my last one refurb at amazon.com

It's a nice standin and for power I used an USB port on the TV.
Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!