"not even a blank page"
Can you explain that? If you go to Tools>Internet Options and set the start page to be a blank page (about:blank), do I understand correctly that IE won't display the blank page? What does it display then? And the blank page somehow resides on your system, so that doesn't have any link with a dial-up connection anyway.
"IE won't connect"
That's correct. Dial-up connection connects. IE only uses the connection. Can you reformulate your problem somewhat more correctly? Also tell any (error) messages you get.
- the OS
- the version of IE
- the settings on the Connection tab of Tools>Internet Settings
- can you open a html-file on the hard disk by typing it's name in the address bar
- did IE work on this computer before you did your install things
- what exactly did you install (I wouldn't call going to Dial-up connections and making a new connectoid really installing something)
- (if you've got or can get Mozilla on a cd and install it) does that browser work
I'm sure more help will come if you tell more, but there's just very little information to go into at the moment.
Just installed Earthlink dial-up on another computer. Does connect to the internet and does do e-mail in Outlook Express.But will not open Internet Explorer to any page, Earthlink or Yahoo or even a blank page.
Would like any suggestions as to what I can change to get connected to Internet Explorer.