General discussion

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

My computer is almost 1 yr old. Cyberpower built my gaming computer and sent me an upgrade coupon which I used to upgrade from Vista to Window7.Computer specs: Vista/Window7Home Premium 64-bit,AMD Phenom II QUAD 955 3.2 GHZ,1TB SATA HD SATA II 3.0 GB 7200RPM HD,8 GB DDR3 PC3 PC1333,ASUS MB,800W PS,RADEON 4850 PCI-E 16X 1GB VC.Computer ran great until I downloaded Window 7 upgrade now I frequently get the response: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage- and I have to troubleshoot to load web pages- some eventually load , some never load completely.I have high speed internet service which ran lightning fast until I downloaded Window 7 - should I uninstall and go back to Vista or try to re-install again. I'm a novice at this and would welcome some help.....thx....frustrated guy !

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Now what did you do AFTER you installed this OS?

Tell us about the drivers for motherboard, audio, video, ethernet and more. These are not automatic.

- Collapse -
DNS problems?

This error occurs when IE can't reach the web server, e.g. it can't map the name into an address, or can't get packets through the network to the server. The fact that "some eventually load" suggests that this isn't a firewall problem since that should be consistent, but it might be a change to a less reliable DNS server (used to map the name into an address). Look at Help for the error "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" for further troubleshooting tips.

CNET Forums

Forum Info