General discussion

internet explorer 8 (cant download)

Hi everyon, I was wondering if anyone could help me. I just upgraded to windows 7 and it has internet explorer 8 installed.

Heres the problem, I can't download files from the internet. I've allowed all my security settings to allow downloads to happen, but i still get and message saying that says:

Security alert

your security settings do no allow files to be downloaded

I have no clue how to disable that or allow the download to happen.

I've tried everything and no success.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: internet explorer 8 (cant download)
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: internet explorer 8 (cant download)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Did you tried this?

Go to Control panel, Internet Options. Go to the security tab. Select the Internet option. go to Custom level. Look for the Downloads line. Select the enable downloads option.

Also Try to have the site you are trying to download from listed under the Trusted Site zone. You might have to make the same changes for the download sites as the Internet zone.

It works for me when I have the same problem as you did when I 1st used IE8.

Hope this helps.

manmur

- Collapse -
cant download

Thanks for your reply,

I finally found the solution, it was in the internet options and i just reset the advanced tab to default and was able to download again. i had practically everything unclicked, it finally worked.

Thanks

CNET Forums

Forum Info