Networking & Wireless forum

Question

internet connectivity sparodic with different sites.

We are having internet connectivity problems. Some sites load normal while at the same time other sites will load slowly if at all. I have run a speed test while a site is trying to load and the speed is normal. This problem is usually in the mornings but not always. Does not seem to be any reason for connectivity. I have contacted our provider and all seems OK. We have the problem with explorer, firefox and chrome so it is not a browser issue. It will clear up unexpectedly.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: internet connectivity sparodic with different sites.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: internet connectivity sparodic with different sites.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Try the usual and

In reply to: internet connectivity sparodic with different sites.

There are tips in this and other CNET forums about WiFi. Links will follow.

I'm encountering folk that demand the internet and all site always work well. Sadly that was never what the internet was going to deliver and how to hold that discussion can be unacceptable to some. If trying again works, it could be some monetary congestion at that site.

Try

1. Use Google's DNS (plenty of web pages on that!)
2. Improve your WiFi. Read
http://forums.cnet.com/7723-7585_102-602528/how-to-create-a-wireless-network-for-a-large-house/?tag=contentBody;threadListing

Bob

Collapse -
connections

In reply to: Try the usual and

What is happening does not seem to be a congestion issue. It is almost as if it loses connection with site - the progress bar will only go so far then stop. What is strange is it doesn't happen to the same sites all the time. While trying to access 2 sites one will be OK and the other will stop. Will not connect even when refreshed.

Collapse -
Will not connect even when refreshed.

In reply to: connections

Sounds like the site is unreachable or under a heavy load. Remember that a lot of folk are not aware what the internet is. It's not going to work all the time. To make matters a lot worse there's a lot of malware.

As presented I have to note what I'm hearing from folk today. That is the newer folk are demanding the internet work as good as Ma Bell's land lines. It falls short of that.

If you want to proceed, you'll have to reveal the site so others can see if it's up.
Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.