Question

Internet connection problem after uninstalling AVG

Hi, I had installed the free one month trial of AVG in my laptop. After it expired I uninstalled it but that's when the problems started. Now, when I try to install any software from the internet (let's say IE, iTunes, RealPlayer, or any setup file that needs to connect to the internet) it says that there is no internet connection.
Is there any issue with the uninstall? Does anybody knows how to fix this issue?
Thank you in advance

Arturo

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Internet connection problem after uninstalling AVG
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Internet connection problem after uninstalling AVG
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Looking For help

Yesterday I had problems with internet (only computer couldnt accest the internet) which were caused by AVG so I uninstalled it and nothing changed unfortunately Im guessing that there might be some traces of AVG that are still blocking it I would like some help.Im useing Windows 7

- Collapse -
Try to avoid old posts.

Post was last edited on December 13, 2015 9:08 AM PST

- Collapse -

Thanks for the help but unfortunately it didnt work

- Collapse -
So AVG is not gone?

Start a new thread about that. This one is one and not all yours.

- Collapse -
Answer
RE: Internet connection problem after uninstalling AVG
- Collapse -
Answer
Try this
- Collapse -
Answer
Plsss help

I dont know why avg automatically download on my computer windows 7 and i dont know why i cant use was web but i have internet pls reply i need your help and after that i uninstall avg on control pannel but i still cant use chrome or any web pls reply

- Collapse -
Answer
Answer to the problem

Here is the "go to" at MS support
< https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15287/windows-why-can-not-get-connected > if needed.
However ....

Hit the start button, then
type in the search box

"CMD" .... right click on it and select "run as administrator

then in the black pop-up box .....type

netsh winsock reset - then press enter
next
netsh int ip reset - then press enter
next
ipconfig /release - then press enter
next
ipconfig /renew - then press enter