General discussion

internet connection problem

i subcribe to a DSL with a 640kbps speed my server is running windows xp but my connection is intermettent. i have test running my server only it takes 1 hour before it will be cut-off, but when i load my 15 clients the connection will cut off in a matter of 1 to 3 minutes. please help me solve my troblem?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: internet connection problem
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: internet connection problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re: internet connection problem

First off, what kind of server are you running? Second, did you read the fine print with your DSL provider and see if they allow servers or not? Many don't unless you buy the more expensive business lines. What operating system are you running this server on? Does the system meet the minimum spec requirements for the server software?

We need details if we're going to be able to help. Start with the above, and be ready to provide more if necessary.

- Collapse -
Re: internet connection problem

actually its only xp OS where i enable internet connection sharing. is there any possibility of a virus present on this computer or in any client. The modem of our ISP is set up to server.

- Collapse -
You do know...

That XP Home and Pro have a preprogrammed socket connection limit?

It drives a few people insane since the fix is Windows Server 2003.

Have you tried a Linux Server?

Bob

CNET Forums