Note: If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem.
In this case, we need to know:
* Operating system (Windows 98/ME/XP)
* Browser(s) used (Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc)
* Type of connection (Dial-up, DSL, Cable, etc)
* If you connect through a router. (If so, which one?)
* What security software you have. (It could be the result of malware damage.)
* Does the modem indicate just a connection or data transfer as well?
* Is the problem resolved by unplugging your modem and then plugging it back in? (Without restarting your computer.)
Let us know.
When i am connected to the internet everything is fine. After a while i find that i cant look at any web pages like i have been disconnected, even though the modem says that i am still connected. This happens most of the time.
To reconnect i have to restart the computer.
Is there something wrong with my modem?