Networking & Wireless forum

General discussion

Internal Wireless Network Adapter Huge Problem

I have had a long prblem with my sisters laptop (which has a Broadcom Internal Wireless Adapter). We switched to SBC DSL and I used the installation disk that the package came with, but the installation cd came with hardware sofeware which overid the windows wireless client. I uninstalled the 3rd party client but the windows client still acted if the the 3rd party was still installed. I called SBC support and they recommended me to edit of of the registry file, which I did, but now it say that there are no signals in range. I also in stalled another 3rd party client using the broadcom adapter, but it still cannot find the signal. All of the other computers in the house can recieve te signal except the laptop. I need help please!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Internal Wireless Network Adapter Huge Problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Internal Wireless Network Adapter Huge Problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Did this internal....

In reply to: Internal Wireless Network Adapter Huge Problem

adapter ever work?

Try resetting Windows to be the wireless agent for this adapter. Other things I would check:

1) Look in Device Manager to see if the adapter is properly installed.
2) Look in Services to see is Wireless Zero Configuration is running
3) check the Properties for the wireless adapter to see if Windows is the controlling program.

Collapse -
YES!

In reply to: Did this internal....

Something so obvious yet i didn't see it. The hardware is no longer installed, problem is I don't know what the name of the adapter is and how to reinstall it.

Collapse -
The nature of an internal....

In reply to: YES!

network adapter, being native to the PC, gives you the opportunity to trace its software at the PC makers website. ID the laptops make and model and see what's available.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.