Question

Internal Server Error??

Hi I have a problem with only one macbook in the home when attempting to access a favourite internet radio station I subscribe to. Any other computer in the home attached to the same modem can access the website.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Internal Server Error??
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Internal Server Error??
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
When you say IP, do you mean ISP (Internet Service Provider)

or do you mean IP, as in IP address?

- Collapse -
clarifications

<span id="INSERTION_MARKER">Hi there,<span id="INSERTION_MARKER">

<span id="INSERTION_MARKER">I mean IP address. Website asked me for my IP address

- Collapse -
Not sure what is going on here but,

if you have a Modem and a Wireless router, then you have a home network.

A wireless one.

Both those computers should be able to access the internet at the same time.

have you tried access the site after you remove the router and connect the reluctant Mac directly to the modem?

P

- Collapse -
Answer
try a proxy

If the error might be due to your IP address (as they suggest), then try accessing the site via a proxy e.g. http://proxy.org/ address to access the site. There's some discussion of these errors at http://www.getnetgoing.com/HTTP-500.html <span id="INSERTION_MARKER">but not many tips there about what you can do from your end.

<span id="INSERTION_MARKER">

CNET Forums