General discussion

Internal Failure/System logon

Hi to all,
I recently have been trying to fix up my computer and have run into a couple problems. First, is there a way to avoid the welcome screen (or anything like it) all together? Make it so that you just load without any users. Secondly and more importantly, i have been trying to uninstall things and to install them. However an error message has been popping up that says Internal Failure: Error Number: 0x80040707. At first I thought it was only specific to one program but then i got it again when i was trying to uninstall something. It is starting to get really frustrating. Any help would be great. Thanks a ton.
Peter

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Internal Failure/System logon
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Internal Failure/System logon
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Sounds like WinXP?

Look up the error number at Microsoft. That's where I would start.
Sounds like hardware problem, but I know nothing so you should just hang out for a moderator. They'll know what you should do.

- Collapse -
Some ideas

First, make sure you have all Windows updates. Then Go to the directory that holds the file for launching the installation. Right click select Run As. Next, uncheck the box that says "Protect My Computer And Data From Unauthorized Activity", and click OK.

Just another thought. I see that in an earlier post you had a product ID code or SN problem. Did you get that resolved? I'm not sure if this could affect updating Windows. MS is getting sticky about this. Good luck.

CNET Forums

Forum Info