Samsung forum

General discussion

Intermittent video on TV - LN22A330J1DXZC

by cplstony / January 28, 2010 2:40 AM PST

After 17 months of flawless service, the video on this unit stopped working suddenly. The TV comes on, but the screen stays completely black. The audio is fine. If I repeatedly turn the unit of and on -using the remote, and/or the button, eventually, I see the backlight come on, and then I know that the picture will be fine for the moment.The problem may have originally occurred after I purchased and installed a new Pace Cable box and HD cables, but after calling out many service reps from my cable company and from the Store where I purchased the TV, nothing was resolved. I then contacted Samsung Canada to see if I could get a repair ticket, but since the unit was past 1 year warranty, all that Samsung would do was refer me to a local Samsung service shop. The service man sourced the problem to the "panel". It is one of an "S" BN07-00427A ($242.09) or if it starts with anything else BN07-00487A ($258.22). His service time of $75 for installation would put the repair beyond the price I paid for the TV! A Samsung agent told me that Samsung could not help me with this as the unit was past its one year warranty period. (It is disappointing that the header at the Samsung Support site says "Limitless Support", and a very new TV ad speaks about how eco-friendly Samsung is, when the result of this non-support may be another piece of technology being relegated to trash.)

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Intermittent video on TV - LN22A330J1DXZC
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Intermittent video on TV - LN22A330J1DXZC
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.