Another symptom is that there are often broken colored lines that appear on the screen or even colored letters occasionally.
This forum has been so great to help me in the past, I'm back again with a new problem. I hope I can get through this message before my computer screws up.
Here are the symptoms.
1. The computer seems to take a little longer to boot up.
2. Once booted up, the computer seems a little slow.
3. ** After a couple of minutes, if I click to try to close a window, the computer freezes for a moment, then a black screen appears for a second, then the normal screen comes up.
4. Sometimes clicking on "BACK" cause the same black screen effect.
5. Eventually, when I click in a window to type something, the computer freezes on that page for around 10 seconds, goes to the black screen, then back to the page I was trying to type in.
6. ** Finally, the computer gets to a point when it just flashes constantly from black screen to computer screen and I have to restart the computer.
7. This whole process (to when I get to the point where I have to restart) accelerates as more websites are visited or more pages/programs are opened. So multi-tasking worsens the problem.
I have run Spybot Search & Destroy which didn't find anything. I also ran my antivirus program (AVG) which didn't find anything yet either. I am using Windows XP. I did install a new mouse a couple weeks ago (Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 5000).
I searched this forum and the net but didn't find any similar situations. Does anyone have any experience with this problem or know what could be the issues? Thanks!