Intermitent booting into Vista

by Drdave059 / June 29, 2008 3:02 AM PDT

Booting 'Windows Vista'

Vista Loader 2.1.2

fallback 1
find --set-root /bootmgr
Filesystem type is ntfs, partition type 0x7
chainloader /bootmgr
Will boot NTLDR from drive=0x80, partition=0x0(hidden sectors=0x800)

It will not boot past this message, I have to keep turning it off and back on until I finally get a page that gives me a choice of safe mode, normal mode, etc. then it will boot up and run normal.

How can I fix this? I'm running Vista ultimate
After many tries of recycling on and off I can get it to boot up ,but not normally. It will come up with the do you want to boot in safe mode or normal screen.

I find what ever I do it's not consistent. Sometime going into the bios and hit F-10 like I'm saving changes will allow me to boot up but not always. Like I said it may take 30 minutes to hit it just right to get it to boot in some fashion.

At first it when this started to give me problems about a month ago, would take maybe a couple of tries and the it would boot normal. With each time I try to boot it takes more tries.

For what it's worth I even have a hard time getting the bios curser to move .I can always get into the bios ,I just can't do anything once I get in, and have to reboot. At first I thought the keyboard wasn't working ,but I can always hit Ctrl Alt Delete and that works. I still think it's possessed. Any other thoughts?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Intermitent booting into Vista
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Intermitent booting into Vista
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
"This is Vista Loader 2.1.2, with this you can force a bios
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 29, 2008 3:09 AM PDT

"This is Vista Loader 2.1.2, with this you can force a bios emulation and let Vista think it's installed on a OEM machine."

Not to "out" you but why not use a real version of Vista for your machine rather than this?

Collapse -
Vista Booting
by Drdave059 / June 29, 2008 11:54 PM PDT

Bob, I was given this computer by my son who picked it up at a computer expo.that was already loaded with Vista. We had no idea that this was not loaded with the proper copy of Vista.Your take is if we get the proper Vista copy this should solve our problems.

I guess, buyer beware.

Collapse -
Such hacked versions are under siege from
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 30, 2008 12:10 AM PDT
In reply to: Vista Booting

You know who for you know why. These are not supposed to work for good reason. Vista isn't cheap either.

Could what you do on this PC use Linux? That is, web browsing?

Collapse -
Vista Boot
by Drdave059 / June 30, 2008 12:54 AM PDT

Thanks for all the help.

My son and I both learned a lession,buyer beware...

Collapse -
booting windows vista
by qseyo / July 10, 2008 1:45 PM PDT

hi my name is alex and i read what you answer another person about appearin what is below

Booting 'Windows Vista'

Vista Loader 2.1.2

i would like to know because i bought a real windows vista and i put into the dvd player disc compact and nothing appear . appears the samething
Booting 'Windows Vista'

Vista Loader 2.1.2

would you help me doing that i will apreciate it

Collapse -
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 10, 2008 11:41 PM PDT
In reply to: booting windows vista

I can't tell if it's a real one or not unless I see the packaging and sometimes I have to ship it to Microsoft. The counterfeiters are really good now. The above discussion may not apply to you as they didn't get the usual COA and more.

Collapse -
booting vista
by qseyo / July 11, 2008 12:11 AM PDT
In reply to: Sadly...

the only thing i want its to take that thing that is appear me out so i can put the real one but its says that
thats the thing i would like to take out and im trying to clear the cmos but its stil happening

if u can help me in just taking that thing out so i can put the real one if you want i can send you a picture with the real vista

Collapse -
Wrong person to ask.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 11, 2008 2:31 AM PDT
In reply to: booting vista

Microsoft offers a service to check if it's genuine. I'm not as good as they are but know the usual signs (no COA, odd boot messages, etc.)

Here's the right place to ask ->

Collapse -
Vista Loader 2.1.2
by Pia1978 / October 19, 2008 11:10 PM PDT
In reply to: Wrong person to ask.

I had/have the same problem with windows vista 64bit(SP1).
My pc specification is:
Mainboard: Abit AX78
CPU: AMD Athlon X2 4800+
H.D.D: Maxtor 320GB SATA II
Ram: 2GB CSX Bus 800 Dual Cahnnel

When i asked from guarantee center of mainboard; they said that: "you can't install windows vista 64bit on this hard disk!... change it to another barnds such as Segate, Samsung, WD,...!!!"
What do you think!? Is it related to my H.D.D!? Does Abit AX78 has problem with MAxtor H.D.D!?

Collapse -
Make that call.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 19, 2008 11:38 PM PDT
In reply to: Vista Loader 2.1.2 finds this to be used as a crack to install Vista without having the real Microsoft product.

Call whoever put you into this predicament and get them to tell you how to fix it. My answer may not be acceptable.
Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?