Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

interactual player removal help!!

by Dave_fitz / November 16, 2004 1:20 PM PST

I recently watched a movie on my computer, and a splash screen popped up asking if I wanted to install Interactive Player 2.0 I canceled and went on with the movie. Well now everytime I put in a DVD, the same splash screen pops up no matter what DVD I put in. I tried installing then uninstalling the program, I tried to designate Windows Media Player as my autoplay program (but Interactive Player still Hi-jacks the auto-play), I ran a seach for any Interactive Player files and deleted all files, I would restore to before I played the original movie but it was too long ago. I know it's not a big deal to hit cancel before I watch a movie or even just intalling the program and using it, but I can't stand having 2+ programs that do the same thing and the splash sceen just drives me crazy becuase I can't figure out how to make it stop. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: interactual player removal help!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: interactual player removal help!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: interactual player removal help!!
by roddy32 / November 16, 2004 9:16 PM PST

I googled for this program and found out very little about it. Did you have any idea who makes the program or anything else about it? Maybe someone else has a suggestion about removing it the rest of the way but I would NOT suggest installing it the rest of the way to get around the problem.

Collapse -
by Dave_fitz / November 17, 2004 6:50 AM PST

I think it all started when I put in the Butterfly Effect DVD, from New Line Home Entertainment. The actual program is made by Interactual Technologies. I also googled and came up with little. I may try and call New Line to see what they say.

Collapse -
by roddy32 / November 17, 2004 6:57 AM PST

Good Luck Dave. I had that problem on an older computer with a Faith Hill music CD that downloaded Apple's Quicktime when I clicked the wrong button and it took me forever to get rid of Quicktime afterwards. BTW, I just bought Butterfly Effect on VHS at Walmart Sunday cause it was on sale for 5 bucks but I haven't watched it yet. LOL

Collapse -
by Ray773 / December 10, 2004 7:08 PM PST

InterActual Player details can be found on

www.player.interactual.com

Hope this helps

Collapse -
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / December 10, 2004 8:49 PM PST
Collapse -
InterRemoved!
by jerseyfranku2 / August 27, 2013 6:59 AM PDT

In your program files find interBastard- there is an un-install selection there.

Collapse -
by glb613 / December 10, 2004 9:23 PM PST

"I googled for this program and found out very little about it. Did you have any idea who makes the program or anything else about it?"

It is found with many commercially made DVDs you either rent or buy. I made the mistake installing it thinking it was required to watch the movie. What a mistake. Fortunately for me, I was able to do a restore and got rid of it. Good luck finding an answer. It is worse than Real Player or Quicktime when it comes to taking over your computer.

Collapse -
by Papa Echo / December 10, 2004 9:53 PM PST

You mentioned that you tried to install the program and then uninstalled it. When you installed, did you have to connect to the Internet ? Interactive player may have deposited a spy on your HD (via the CD, while you were watching the movie), waiting for you to watch a movie, and when you do, try to make their 'sale'. So, you may already have the setup file on your HD. So,have you tried to remove the spy by running, e.g. Spybot S&D or Ad-aware SE, or other anti parasites programs ?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.