Web Hosting, Design, & Coding forum

General discussion

interactive web page design -- where to start

by mehmegen / August 16, 2006 8:58 AM PDT

Hi All,

I want to make a web page that has some interactive features. Let me be more specific: what I want to do is to post powerpoint slide lecture notes on the webpage that students can either download or view, and i want to design and post small quizzes which the students can take online. these will mostly be multiple choice quizzes or short essays. so it is pretty much like a website where you fill out surveys and then enter comments. I have no previous HTML or web page design experience.
I read some other posts regarding web page design but most of them did not address the interactivity issue. It looks like Dreamweaver would be too much (and expensive) for a novice like me, but I do not know if frontPage or Nvu or Namo would do the trick. If I want to do it by coding, what do i have to learn -- CSS, XHTML or XML?
Look forward to your responses, and thanks in advance.
Mehmet

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: interactive web page design -- where to start
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: interactive web page design -- where to start
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
A complete solution
by entrecon / August 17, 2006 2:02 AM PDT

What about looking for a product that is already available and designed for what you are trying to do.

You could try a package like Moodle (moodle.org) where you manage it.

Or try something like webct/blackboard. There is a comparisson of these types of packages at http://www.marshall.edu/it/cit/webct/compare/index.htm

Both of these would require you to have very little knowledge of web design and would get your material online.

Collapse -
Hosting too
by entrecon / August 17, 2006 2:15 AM PDT
In reply to: A complete solution

If you go to www.kipferguson.com I also put a link in for a hosting company that has an instant installer for moodle. The price of their hosting is $7.77 a month.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?