General discussion

Intelligent Explorer

I somehow have aquired this toolbar on my Internet Explorer. I don't know how I got this thing. When I go into toolbar options and uncheck it, Intelligent Explorer toolbar is back when IE is restarted. Ever since It appeared, pop-ups have been getting through all my blockers. Anyone know how to get rid of this thing?

Thanks,

~Dave

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Intelligent Explorer
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Intelligent Explorer
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re: Intelligent Explorer
- Collapse -
Re: Intelligent Explorer

The usual Spybot S&D, Adaware, Spywareblaster....Discussed before in the forums. Just search at the forums for "Intelligent Explorer toolbar ", or Google for it.

- Collapse -
Re: Intelligent Explorer = You're using Internet Explorer

Internet Explorer has NOT been patched up against all malware. It may never be. As long as you use Internet Explorer as your primary browser, the pain will continue.

What am I writing? Here it is...

Use any non Internet Explorer browser when you can to move out of the line of fire between malware writers and Microsoft. Firefox and/or Mozilla are not without flaw, but you won't be a ready target.

The usual tools of Spybot, Adaware, Cwshredder and Housecall eject most pests, but if that doesn't do it, you either wait for an update or go read about Hijackthis and how to use and get support.

Bob

- Collapse -
Thanks...

I got Ad-Aware SE Plus and ran it. The unwanted toolbar is gone, along with over 130 other "things" it said were baddies. Thanks for the help, guys.

~Dave Happy

- Collapse -
One more question, if you please.

I'm trying out the free version of Opera. I kind of like the way it makes tabs for the sites I switch between. Is this a good browser to buy?

Thanks again,

~Dave

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Tabs are in Firefox and Mozilla as well.
- Collapse -
Re: (NT) Tabs are in Firefox and Mozilla as well.

So I guess those and Opera would be better than IE.

Thanks, I'll look into those as well.

~Dave

CNET Forums

Forum Info