General discussion

intel wireless adapter for thinkpad R40

Notebook IBM (genuine, not LENOVO) R40 Type 2722, OS: XP PRO.
Recently had to reinstall the OS, and alas! No Wireless connection!
Couldn't find the driver anywhere on the computer.
Ran the Access IBM diagnostics, and it seems that the hardware is still there:
Intel 802.11b LAN Mini-PCI Adapter, version 1.1.1, 2002
Googled and regoogled it, but couldn't find on the web any driver for exactly this hardware.
Am reluctant to install something that's name resembles only partially.
HELP please!
Thanks

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: intel wireless adapter for thinkpad R40
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: intel wireless adapter for thinkpad R40
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
driver for Intel wireless adapter - not exactly the same

Thank you Waine.
Are you sure this driver suits the hardware installed on my Thinkpad -
Intel 802.11b LAN Mini-PCI Adapter, version 1.1.1, 2002?
Don't I risk to mess up things?

- Collapse -
When I input the specs . . .

it took me to the Levono site. If you wish, stay at the site and input the specific PC model on the right. It will come up with your exact machine and list drivers for everything. No harm will be done, it'll either work or it won't.

I've had IBMs for the last ten years, at least four desktops and six laptops. That site is my bible for downloads. BTW, all machines are purring along nicely.

CNET Forums