HolidayBuyer's Guide

Laptops forum

General discussion

Intel's Santa Rosa Line is out! Hypersonic PC

by x1800yolk / March 19, 2007 8:07 AM PDT
http://www.hypersonic-pc.com/EQ7/index.asp

If you check out hypersonic's Aviator EQ7, or click the link above, you'll see that the new intel chips are actually out. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they were going to call the santa rosa chips the Pentium core 2 duo extreme, and that's what it is. I'm excited to see it in more laptops.
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Intel's Santa Rosa Line is out! Hypersonic PC
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Intel's Santa Rosa Line is out! Hypersonic PC
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
nope.
by JackTheCrow / March 19, 2007 12:25 PM PDT

that's not santa rosa. That's an actual desktop conroe cpu on a Laptop. I believe the hypersonic notebook is a rebranded Clevo d900c. I made a post regarding the d900c a week or so ago because it was first advertised to have a pair of nvidia 8800 go gpu's. This was later changed to SLI 7950 Gtx's. Still, it should be the fastest laptop around.
Of course many of us are speculating a battery life of something in the neighborhood of 40 minutes (equipped with 280 watt power supply?!).

here was the original link: http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=3566

Collapse -
in addition, to correct your first post...
by JackTheCrow / March 19, 2007 12:34 PM PDT

Santa Rosa is not a chip, rather, it is a chipset. I believe the chip itself is called the Centrino Pro. The core 2 duo extreme is basically this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115001 ,
The same chip you see in some high-end desktops.
Intel has also since dropped the 'Pentium' name with it's current chips.

Collapse -
my understanding
by linkit / March 19, 2007 9:45 PM PDT

Intel Centrino platforms have always been a combination of three intel-made components:

Intel CPU
Intel chipset
Intel wireless adapter

Centrino Pro (codenamed Santa Rosa) will be the latest iteration of the Intel Centrino platform.

Collapse -
by JackTheCrow / March 20, 2007 6:39 AM PDT
In reply to: my understanding

your right, it seems they're now using the centrino pro as the new logo for santa rosa. the chip itself is just an upgraded merom

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.