Storage forum

General discussion

Intel's 'Bad Axe 2' motherboard

Can intel's d975xbx2 motherboard work perfectly with the 'seagate barracude' hard disk? Which one would be better- SATA or Seagate?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Intel's 'Bad Axe 2' motherboard
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Intel's 'Bad Axe 2' motherboard
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
What makes you ask this?

In reply to: Intel's 'Bad Axe 2' motherboard

These are standard PC components designed to work together. What made you ask this?

As to the "perfectly" part I'll write no. Just look in these forums for people with PC issues daily. PCs are far from perfect.

Bob

Collapse -
Motherboard Compatibility

In reply to: What makes you ask this?

I'm on a round to upgrade my PC.My present motherboard "Mercury KOB845 NFSX" does not support SATA hard disks. Now when i buy the intel's 'bad axe 2' motherboad, i'm getting confused whether i should buy SATA or Seagate Barracude hard disk? Which will deliver a high performance on the 'bad axe 2'?

Collapse -
That's a new question?

In reply to: Motherboard Compatibility

Sorry, I can't tell you about the performance of said pair. See if tomshardware.com has a test on that.

But in a nutshell, SATA drives work on SATA equipped boards. If it didn't you can imagine that motherboard's sales.

Bob

Collapse -
Let;s start with the basics...why are you upgrading ?

In reply to: Motherboard Compatibility

If what you really want to do is add SATA drives to your system...just get a PCI SATA controller.

After reading some of the reviews on the BAD AXE2, not sure it's ready for prime time or the one I'd pick as an Intel platform.

VAPCMD

"SATA" and Seagate are not synonymous. Seagate is a drive mfg and SATA stands for Serial ATA.

Wikipedia describes it as follows:

"In computer hardware, Serial ATA (SATA, IPA: [ˈs

Collapse -
desperately want to upgrade!!!!!

In reply to: Let;s start with the basics...why are you upgrading ?

I want to upgrade my PC as it is very slow, so, if i upgrade now then why not to go For The BEST components!! With my present hardware and configuration, I'm unable to Play or rather enjoy the graphical effects of most of the games...

Collapse -
By all means upgrade...

In reply to: desperately want to upgrade!!!!!

but it looks to me like the Bad Axe 2 is kind of crap shoot at the moment. Got to be something that performs well and is more universally reliable/stable than than the BA2. Did you read the user reviews on Newegg.com ?

VAPCMD

Collapse -
No option other than BAD AXE 2

In reply to: By all means upgrade...

As i would like to upgrade my PC to the best configuration possible, i am planning to buy a intel QX6700 quad core processor which will only settle down on the bad axe2 and not on any other motherboard(as per my research). so now i dont have any other option left other than getting a bad axe2!!!

Collapse -
Bad axe 2 'OR' Gigabyte. . .

In reply to: No option other than BAD AXE 2

Gigabyte has launched their new motherboard GA-965P-DQ6, which can support the quad core processor and also has some new features...
Now which one is a good option- intel's Bad Axe2 or GIGABYTE's GA-965P-DQ6 ?????

Collapse -
Here's some more to look at

In reply to: Bad axe 2 'OR' Gigabyte. . .

Collapse -
Any Suggestions ???

In reply to: Here's some more to look at

I've browsed to the site newegg.com
Now considering that there are many motherboard models available to support the 'Quad Core' which one would you like to suggest me to go for!!!
Do you know about Gigabyte's new 'All solid Capacitors' motherboard? Wil that make any difference to the performance??? Just sometime back i found that AMD will be launching their Quad core processor... Do i need to wait for that?

ABOVE ALL! I WOULD LIKE TO SINCERELY THANK ALL YOU GUYS FOR REALLY HELPING ME OUT!!! THANKYOU SO MUCH...
AND OFCOURSE THANKS TO CNET!!!!

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.