Phones forum

General discussion

Integrated CF slot (Type II)

by munsey / August 15, 2004 8:29 AM PDT

bob, what does that mean exactly? i know type I and type II have different physical qualities...ones thicker than the other...but what does that mean for me when buying more memory. I checked the websites, but i'm not sure if sandisk or lexar have that kind of cf. im thinking about purchasing the ipaq hx4705. it also has an sd card slot for expansion, but sd cards tend to have smaller sizes memory wise. what do you suggest? are there 2gb cf type II cards?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Integrated CF slot (Type II)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Integrated CF slot (Type II)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Integrated CF slot (Type II)
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 15, 2004 9:30 AM PDT

I can't explain words that marketing places on literature.

Your PDA vendor/support must tell you what maximums you can use. But the largest consumer SD Card out there is 1GB and you can get disk drives in CF form.

Bob

Collapse -
by munsey / August 15, 2004 2:02 PM PDT

cf is probably the way im going to go. one last question: can you tell me the difference between a regular cf card and the microdrive ones (cf type II mostly)? hitatchi has the microdrives that actually work like hard drives. they seem to be cheaper- more gb/$.

Collapse -
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 15, 2004 10:32 PM PDT

"an you tell me the difference between a regular cf card and the microdrive ones (cf type II mostly)?"

The concept is that the user should not be able to tell if it was flash or drive based if they did it right. So the result is there is no difference. As to the $ per GB, that changes over the years so you have to measure it at the time of purchase.

Bob

Collapse -
by munsey / August 15, 2004 11:56 PM PDT

i see. thanks a lot bob. great help.

Collapse -
by Piercey / August 31, 2004 2:48 PM PDT

the only difference between a microdrive cf card and flash cf card is the microdrive has moving parts. so if you drop it you could ruin it but the non-micro card would be just fine.

-Mike

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?