Computer Help forum

General discussion

" Intall a driver for your netowrk adapter " please help

by Robinwen97 / February 3, 2014 6:47 PM PST

Hello , i just got a new motherboard and cpu. I also had to reinstall windows. Now when i log in i have no connection. When i troubleshoot the problem it says " Windows did not detect a proberly installed network adapter " i have tried install drivers but nothing worrks.
The motherboard is a dell and i downloaded the drivers from here
Please guys help me! D:

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: " Intall a driver for your netowrk adapter " please help
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: " Intall a driver for your netowrk adapter " please help
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: network adapter
by Kees_B Forum moderator / February 3, 2014 6:54 PM PST

Since you changed the PC by replacing the motherboard, you need the drivers for the motherboard from the maker of that new motherboard, not from Dell (unless it's an exact replacement, but then there is no need for reinstalling Windows).

Collapse -
by Robinwen97 / February 3, 2014 6:58 PM PST
In reply to: Re: network adapter

Well i have downloaded those as well, i found the model number on the card and downloaded those drivers. Here is the numbers " DH57MO1 "

Collapse -
by pgc3 / February 3, 2014 9:55 PM PST
In reply to: Re

So this is an aftermarket slot card that you installed? What is manufacturer of MB? What are you using for Windows software? A little more information might help.

Collapse -
by Robinwen97 / February 4, 2014 1:28 AM PST
In reply to: Adapter

The manufacturer is dell,
System model - Studio XPS 8100
Chip type - Amd Atombios
It allso say when i start windows that i have a Hardd disk problem, that may also help

Collapse -
Re: motherboard
by Kees_B Forum moderator / February 3, 2014 10:11 PM PST
In reply to: Re

That looks like a Dell motherboard. Then you need the drivers for that from Dell for your OS. I)f those fail, it's time to contact Dell tech support and discuss your issues with them.

Collapse -
There's the clue.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 4, 2014 1:50 AM PST

"It allso say when i start windows that i have a Hardd disk problem, that may also help"

If you try to install Windows on a PC with HDD problems and try the troubleshooting it often misleads you as to the real problem.

Sort out the Hardd disk problem first.

Collapse -
by Robinwen97 / February 4, 2014 1:57 AM PST
In reply to: There's the clue.

Well i troubleshooted the harddisk and it said " ethernet controller dosen't have a driver " where can i find those drivers?

Collapse -
It's a trap.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 4, 2014 2:08 AM PST
In reply to: Thanks

If you believe Microsoft's troubleshooting I have a bridge you may be interested in.

Collapse -
Real details
by Willy / February 4, 2014 2:31 AM PST

I'm trying to follow the thread but so far I get no clue to what you really have. You replace the mtrbd. and then seem to try Dell drivers for some Atom cpu and/or Dell model#. That's important to know because you need exactly the drivers for the mtrbd. now not some Dell model# unless is "EXACTLY the same mtrbd." . Other posters seem to hodge-podge an answer too but you're not giving us the real details of that new mtrbd., unless i missed something. AQs already stated to you, FIX THE HD problem 1st before anything else. Once that's settled proceed with other problems. Maybe your new replacement mtrbd. has an I/O port problem if the HD isn't working if it did work before. Don't rush this, verify and inspect all connections, etc.. On top of all this if nothing works, under Dell it should be capable of online support to "scan your PC" for any problems and try to resolve them. If the new mtrbd. is also Dell made, that within the bios should also contain the new "service tag#" which will be better able to locate drivers for that mtrbd.. It doesn't matter if same type mtrbd. a *possible* revision level could make a difference of required drivers.

Here is the support webpage for *ALL DRIVERS*

OH yeah, don't post your service tag# EVER online, just the model# will do. Now go find your new service tag# within the bios and don't mention it.

tada -----Willy Happy

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?