Speakeasy forum

General discussion

INSURGENTS DEFEATED IN SENATE YESTERDAY

Senate Democrats were doing the work of the Islamic jihadists yesterday ... right there on the floor of the United States Senate. Led by Michigan's Carl Levin, these loyal Democrats tried to force President Bush to engage in a staged surrender to Islamic terrorist "insurgents" in Iraq. The idea was to force George Bush to set a virtual timetable for withdrawal from Iraq. Note: Throughout the entire history of the United States, our military forces have never prevailed in any conflict where there was a time limit placed on their efforts. A time limit only helps the enemy. The insurgents would be able to pull back their forces, and just wait the coalition troops out. As the withdrawal date approached the insurgents would prepare for their assault on the institutions and people of Iraq. In short order Iraq would be under the control of Islamic jihadists and would become virtual headquarters for Islamic terrorism around the world. Believe me, Democrats realize this. They know exactly what a withdrawal timetable would do. They know -- but their hatred of George Bush and their continuing rage over two close elections drives them to take these actions ... even knowing, as Joseph Lieberman said, that the action "would discourage our troops, encourage the terrorists and confuse the Iraqis."

http://boortz.com/nuze/index.html

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: INSURGENTS DEFEATED IN SENATE YESTERDAY
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: INSURGENTS DEFEATED IN SENATE YESTERDAY
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I'd settle for any kind of exit strategy

In reply to: INSURGENTS DEFEATED IN SENATE YESTERDAY

Any manager worth his/her salt knows that you have to know the deliverables before you can figure out what it's going to take to do the project.

Diana

Collapse -
glad this kind of thinking

In reply to: I'd settle for any kind of exit strategy

wasnt around in WW2 we be speaking german/***
you should rethink your saying leave.
when the jobs done then leave.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) That's ridiculous, Mark.

In reply to: glad this kind of thinking

Collapse -
Mark appears to have taken a triple dose....

In reply to: (NT) That's ridiculous, Mark.

...of Ridiculous pills today.

Hang on Mark, no need to respond, I'll do it for you:

''Coward......drunkard......your kind......Kerry......Nam......honorable.....sub humans......''

There, saved you the time.

Collapse -
I wanted an entrance strategy, but that ship has sunk.

In reply to: I'd settle for any kind of exit strategy

Oops. Sailed.

Dan

Collapse -
"Doing work of Jihadists?" An extreme charge, Mark!

Extending that "logic" means that everyone who voted for Proposition 2 in Texas was "doing the work of the Klu Klux Klan!"

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
That Boortz guy cracks me up

In reply to: "Doing work of Jihadists?" An extreme charge, Mark!

What a loon.

Collapse -
still digging your hole josh

In reply to: That Boortz guy cracks me up

you would have us run again just like we did in nam
shamefull but then you thought clinton/keneddy, and kerry honerable men says all we need about you.to bad

Collapse -
Shut up, Mark

In reply to: still digging your hole josh

I never advocated ducking and running.

Blah blah..Nam....blah blah...Kerry....blah blah....liars....blah blah....

Get a new song already.

Collapse -
josh josh i see why you are upset

In reply to: Shut up, Mark

truth hurts your kind cant hide the facts that you supported those honerable men.
stand up to your choices, dont hide it we all see it tsk tsk

and telling me to shut up lol how childish, did you stamp your feet allso? should i cackle now are later lol:D

Collapse -
I stand proudly behind the choices I've made....

In reply to: josh josh i see why you are upset

...in who I've supported. Not hiding at all.

Cackle now, cackle later, I really don't care. This is just way too infantile for me. Bowing out now.

Collapse -
and we see your choices

In reply to: I stand proudly behind the choices I've made....

wommanizer in office, a drunkard and a coward glad your proud id be ashamed but then i dont condone that kind of behavior that you must have stand down and do your thing

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Easy with that drrunkard talk with your guy in office,

In reply to: and we see your choices

Collapse -
LOL, I understand that during Bush's.....

In reply to: (NT) Easy with that drrunkard talk with your guy in office,

.....heroic stint in the Air National Guard, the "W" was known to stand for "WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

Devil

Collapse -
Fair and balanced, Josh.......

In reply to: That Boortz guy cracks me up

All sides seem to have their fair share of "loons". Some "blog", and others preach to the the distinguished member, and good friend, on the other side of the Isle. Then after the media puts their spin on things, you and I are left to determine what we care to believe.

Collapse -
No argument, Del

In reply to: Fair and balanced, Josh.......

Boortz just reminds me a bit of Jerry Springer or maybe a right-wing Al Sharpton. At least his fan base appears much smaller.

Collapse -
and if

In reply to: "Doing work of Jihadists?" An extreme charge, Mark!

you tell your enemy wait ill be out on x day what do you think thjey will do ?
oll tell you dave as you show no knowledge of anything in war fare.
they would wait till we ran like we did in nam!
your just as bad as the enemy dk stop hideing your hatred behind your bs

Collapse -
ill be out on x day

In reply to: and if

Not necessary to put a date on anything.

They could just sit and wait, because eventually the coalition forces are going to leave and the insurgents could just return.

OR

The could be using this as a training exercise and also sitting and waiting.

They know the coalition forces don't want to stay any longer than they have to.

It's not too hard to play the waiting game.

Collapse -
What was the plan

In reply to: ill be out on x day

to deal with this predictable eventuality?

Dan

Collapse -
Commentary: Bush attack risks alienating GOP moderates

Bush Risks Alienating GOP Over Iraq War.

>> President Bush's efforts to paint Democrats as hypocrites for criticizing the Iraq war after they once warned that Saddam Hussein was a grave threat could backfire on Republicans.

Polls show marked declines in support for the war, notably among moderate Republicans, especially Republican women, and independents _ voting blocs that the GOP needs to woo or keep in their camp....

Bush's approval is at the low point of his presidency, 37 percent in a recent AP-Ipsos poll. His Republican base still supports him on Iraq, but that support has been eroding. His approval on handling Iraq fell from 87 percent among all Republicans in November 2004 to 78 percent this month. Among Republican women, from 88 percent a year ago to 73 percent now. Among independents, approval on Iraq fell from 49 percent in November 2004 to 33 percent now. <<

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

Too bad this all happened a year too late, meaning all we can do is say "we told you so!"

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!
Collapse -
Hi DK, does this mean.............

In reply to: Commentary: Bush attack risks alienating GOP moderates

You have already marked your ballots for Nov 06 and Nov 08. Probably so, up at the top, ---straight ticket. Not issues, "just party', that way no thinking required.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.