HolidayBuyer's Guide

Computer Help forum

General discussion

Instant Restart

by DigitalFrost / September 4, 2008 6:41 AM PDT

Hello CNET ^^
So here's the situation,been a while now,everytime I open my computer it instantly restarts at the login screen,window XP load screen or the Intel screen,it's really annoying ! =@
I have to open the computer at least 20 times before it finally gets to my Desktop screen >.>
I think the problem might be with the CD Driver check,I noticed every time my computer restarts the light of the DvD & CD Driver flash,i'v opened my computer,I didnt see any wire not well plugged.
Help me =( This is really frustrating

-DigitalFrost(Using Win XP sp2 btw)

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Instant Restart
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Instant Restart
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Suggestions...
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / September 4, 2008 6:57 AM PDT
In reply to: Instant Restart

1. Open up the computer and make sure all cables are plugged in correctly.

2. Because overheating can cause the issue, while you're inside the computer tower, use compressed air to blow dust away from the processor, the heatsink, the power supply , and all the fans.

3. After following the steps above, try pointing a house fan at the compute innards and run the computer with the fan on. Does it help?

4. If none of the above helps, I then replace the power supply.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
Overheating
by DigitalFrost / September 4, 2008 11:12 AM PDT
In reply to: Suggestions...

My computer do a lot of noise,which is probably overheating,would make sens,were can I get a cheap can of compressed air and for how much?

Collapse -
(NT) Check Your Local Computer or Electronics Store
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / September 5, 2008 7:17 AM PDT
In reply to: Overheating
Collapse -
Price range
by DigitalFrost / September 5, 2008 12:15 PM PDT

Before I go to a Local Computer store I would like to know just a average price.Like are we talking a thing you just grab for 5-10$ or we talking about 30$+

But i'll open my computer and check if the screws of the powersupply are not removed,because last time I unscrewed my power supply to remove the most dust I could with a kleenex =/

Collapse -
Here the shop counter price is 120 minimum.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 6, 2008 12:06 AM PDT
In reply to: Price range
Collapse -
Unable To Check With Google?
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / September 6, 2008 1:50 AM PDT
In reply to: Price range
Collapse -
Not a dust problem
by DigitalFrost / September 6, 2008 7:25 AM PDT

I blowed all the dust from the PowerSupply and Processor,same results.
I'v went on this link the 2nd poster gave me(sorry dont remember your name =p),unchecked the auto-restart.I'll let you know with the results

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.