Samsung forum

General discussion

Installing WIS09ABGN

I have a Samsung UN46B8000 and just purchased the WIS09ABGN. I am running an Apple Airport, connected to my Timewarner cable internet.

The TV is finding the wireless network SSID and I have changed the passcode to ensure it only has 8 characters and no symbols/spaces etc.

It is failing at the 2nd stage, IP address I think.

I am hoping someone can help me here because I have never had anything other than annoying experiences with the Samsung support line (sorry if anyone on here works there, but it's true!).

Thanks!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Installing WIS09ABGN
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Installing WIS09ABGN
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Installing WIS09ABGN

In reply to: Installing WIS09ABGN

alexwwood,

The support needs to come from the router manufacturer. If it's not accepting the password after the SSID, then it's something happening within the router.

Unfortunately, I can't provide assistance for the router.

--HDTech

Collapse -
WEP...WPA....Apple compatibility with Samsung WIS09ABGN

In reply to: Installing WIS09ABGN

Thanks for your reply. It seems that the issue is not with the Samsung hardware, as you stated, but has to do with compatibility.

I spoke with an Apple tech who told me that because the Apple Airport Express uses WPA and the Samsung WIS09ABGN uses WEP, there is a compatibility issue.

Before I return the Samsung product, do you know of a way around this?

Thanks!

Collapse -
WEP...WPA....Apple compatibility with Samsung WIS09ABGN

In reply to: WEP...WPA....Apple compatibility with Samsung WIS09ABGN

alexwwood,

WPA-2 may work, but again, I can't speak for that specific wireless router.

--HDTech

Collapse -
WPA2

In reply to: WEP...WPA....Apple compatibility with Samsung WIS09ABGN

Thanks for the reply. Does the WIS09ABGN handle WPA2? Incan configure the router to that.

Collapse -
WPA2

In reply to: WPA2

alexwwood,

It should be able to, yes.

--HDTech

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.