Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

Installing MS Wireless Intellipoint mouse 5.2

by coeurdalene / January 21, 2006 12:31 PM PST

I ordered an MS Wireless mouse. I already have one at home but I'm gone for a couple of months, so I ordered one for here. When I put in the CD, it tells me in Spanish that this program is already installed and I can't really translate what it tells me to do, but it looks like I should be able to use the installed Intellipoint which I found in add and remove programs. However, it doesn't work. I've restarted the computer, pressed the re-set buttons etc. but no luck. I'm reluctant to uninstall the old and install the new,because I don't have the original CD from when I installed the first wireless mouse and I will need that when I return home to connect the original mouse. I went online to MS Hardware and they have a download for 5.3 but not 5.2. I am such a newbie that I don't know if those would be one and the same. If this makes sense to someone could you please advise me. Thank you.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Installing MS Wireless Intellipoint mouse 5.2
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Installing MS Wireless Intellipoint mouse 5.2
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
this is NOT a virus or security issue.
by dawillie / January 21, 2006 12:33 PM PST

post in our Computer Help Forum.

Link on left side of page.

Collapse -
coeurdalene.. you can try..
by Carol~ Forum moderator / January 21, 2006 1:05 PM PST

posting in a variety of forums. As David succintly pointed out, this is a forum for ''security'' issues. Since you are a newbie, I can understand your confusion.

While you could post in the PC Hardware forum, I would suggest you post in the Newbies forum here:

http://reviews.cnet.com/5204-6121-0.html?forumID=45&tag=dir.forum

Or.. you can use the ''Search'' option at the very top of the page, where you should find some answers. (Try the ''Newbies'' first. ;))

Good luck..
Carol
(I'd try to answer your question, but I too just got a wireless mouse. :))

Collapse -
thank you Carol. Very nicely put.
by dawillie / January 21, 2006 1:19 PM PST

better than moi by a mile <^_^>.

david

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) We were all "there" at one time or another ;)
by Carol~ Forum moderator / January 21, 2006 1:45 PM PST
Collapse -
Thank you
by coeurdalene / January 22, 2006 1:09 AM PST

Thank you all for your kind understanding.....and I did find my problem.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) glad it worked out.
by dawillie / January 22, 2006 1:39 AM PST
In reply to: Thank you
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) You're quite welcome, coeurdalene!
by Carol~ Forum moderator / January 22, 2006 1:52 AM PST
In reply to: Thank you
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.