Now that the new drive is installed in your MacBook, isn't that easy, you need to do the following:
1. Boot from the DVD that came with the machine
2. Initialize the drive, using the Disk Utility that is included on the Restore DVD. (You may be prompted to do this)
3. Choose HFS+ as the file format and then choose the Advanced button. Choose GUID as the Partition type. (It will probably be the default type and already selected)
4. Hit the OK/Apply/Whatever button and that's done.
5. Continue with the Restore
6. Follow the instructions and, on completion, run the software updater to bring your system up to speed.
I have purcharse a new hard drive for my MacBook Pro Intel 2 Core duo, and know how to do it, but once it is installed in the machine, I want to know how to install the operating system. The computer now is almost empty (only a few photos I have backed up) so there is no need to transfer any data. Do I just use the discs that came with it?
Please tell me how I restore the system with this new hard drive.