General discussion

Installed the new max RAM, still having the problems...HELP!

Hello Happy

I'm back and still having the same problem. I have installed the new RAM and it is working fine, the computer sees it and is using it, and there is very little difference in how the computer is running. I am at a loss.

The computer is constantly hanging for up to a full minute, then all of a sudden it "wakes up" and does everything at once really quickly. It is random, can be when I'm opening a menu in Word, scrolling in a web page, clicking Start, on the internet and off, there is no rhyme or reason to it.

There is NO reason that clicking a menu should take 15 seconds to come up. The system is really good! The RAM is at max! It's been checked for viruses, I've disabled the anti-virus software to see if that was slowing everything down, I am desperate for help here. Open to suggestions, please help! I don't want to just give up and buy yet another computer, to have this happen again down the road. I need to figure out why its happening. Sad

My original discussion is here:
http://forums.cnet.com/7723-6035_102-412285.html?tag=tracked-disc;track-412285

Dell Precision T3400
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83 GHz
4.00 GB ECC-800 RAM (Using 3.5)
NTFS
XP Pro V2002 SP3 32 bit
NVIDIA Quadro NVS 290 256MB Integrated RAMDAC
Intel ICH8R/ICH9R SATA RAID
PCI Slot 10 PCI Bus 1 Dev 0 Fct 0
Drive has 54.5GB Used 94.3BG Free

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Installed the new max RAM, still having the problems...HELP!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Installed the new max RAM, still having the problems...HELP!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
This will require advanced trouble shooting.

For example, read:
http://blogs.technet.com/b/markrussinovich/archive/2010/01/13/3305263.aspx

It's sleuthing at its finest and a great example that something hardware or firmware can be at the root of the problem. The lesson I learned was to watch for these issues and catch them early.

For example if the machine did that when new, we start complaining to the vendor that day and not years later.
Bob

- Collapse -
Thanks for the Info

It definitely feels like something having to do with a process running in the background that kind of "grabs" the system and uses all its energy, causing everything else to come to a halt. Then it zooms along. Then it crawls again. It's incredibly frustrating when Im working at a lightning pace then have to wait for the computer to put the letters on the screen that I am typing!! Even worse when I'm working on graphics and my hand is drawing, and the screen is like a snail...

Can someone help me do the troubleshooting or does it sound like a point that I need an expert to do this? I want to make sure to do everything that I can do myself before giving it over to someone else. With direction, I can do most anything, this is just out of my realm of experience. If I can learn something and fix it myself (or even improve it) then great. If I need to pay someone to handle it, thats fine, I just want to try myself first.

Thank you for any direction you can provide. Thanks everyone.

Shadoe

- Collapse -
Have you checked with Dell ?

Does you have the latest BIOS ?

Updated all the drivers ?

VAPCMD

- Collapse -
Drivers and BIOS

Hi VAPCMD nice to see you and have your help again. Happy

I check the drivers on a regular basis and believe I have the current ones, but can you specify WHICH drivers you are referring to? As for the BIOS I didn't even realize it had versions...rookie mistake. How can I tell if I have the latest BIOS and how can I update it if I don't? Thanks.

Shadoe

- Collapse -
According to the Dell website for the

CNET Forums

Forum Info