Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

Installed Newest MBAM.exe, Updated & Scanned

by tobeach / September 15, 2008 5:30 PM PDT

and got error code 731 (0,9). Clicked OK on pop-up to report and scan resumed. About 2 1/2 minutes in the scan again stopped with same error code BUT this time the entire program froze up. No amount of clicking in various X's OK's etc. had effect.

Brought up Task Mgr. (CAD) and got "program not responding"...stopped application to clear. Successful.

Went to Malwarebytes site>forums>MBAM> and found no F.A.Q. Tried "Search" and thru multiple tries
searching for error*, errorcodes*, error731, etc constantly received back subject not found!! Checked many posts there but no error 731 could I find. Surely THIS is something that should be easy to find (error codes). Strangely, in a previous posted "updates" here was commented:"Fixed error 721" !!

Anyway, I have now un-installed program & have done system restore to clear all possible left-overs.

Have sent E-Mail to their contact addie and expect some response soon.

Thought I'd check here to see if this is known & what to do about it?
Any ideas?? Thanks, Sandy :?| Happy

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Installed Newest MBAM.exe, Updated & Scanned
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Installed Newest MBAM.exe, Updated & Scanned
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Hey Sandy : )
by jahnjahn / September 15, 2008 9:06 PM PDT
Collapse -
Hi,back jahnjahn....Thanks For Those Links
by tobeach / September 16, 2008 3:27 PM PDT
In reply to: Hey Sandy : )

Having found nothing on Malwarebytes own search engine, it hadn't even occurred to me that Google might have!! Give my head a smack! Grin

Collapse -
Thanks Again!! Re-Installed, Updated &...
by tobeach / September 16, 2008 5:28 PM PDT
In reply to: Hey Sandy : )

DISABLED AVG AV during the scanning process &....(wait for it)...
Complete Success!!!! Quick Scan completed in under 3 minutes with no hesitation or error code returns!! No freeze up of program or machine!

Found 52 items to be deleted/quarantined...ALL (Online PopCap Games related) Starware 407 tracking files.

I had come across the Starware folder 2 weeks ago while just wandering around the innards of the C: drive (all user data) and had removed it manually thinking it had belonged to an old, unused Poker Stars setup which I had deleted.
The Starware name just rang a bell in the back of my head as trouble.
It had NOT been flagged by AVG AV or AS or AR, Spybot, SAS, AdawareSE.

Thanks for helping me get this GREAT program up & running well!! Grin

Collapse -
You're very welcome...
by jahnjahn / September 16, 2008 10:30 PM PDT

Glad you got it sorted. I've been using MBAM since March and it surely is a great program. I never could resolve the slowness issue with Spybot S & D v.1.5 and v.1.6, so I replaced it with MBAM.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.