General discussion

installation problem

Hi,

I'm trying to install win 7 home premium using OEM cd on a new computer.

I clicked on custom installation and then getting empty list of hard drives. After clicking on load driver option I'm getting the following message: "To install the device drive needed to access your hard drive, insert the installation media containing the driver files, and then click ok.".

I tried to install the drivers from the MB web site and other sites using the usb flash drive but nothing help, always getting same message "No signed device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media containing the driver files, and then click ok.".

I saw few similar problem discussions when iso burn x2 speed solved the problem - Don't know how /from were to burn iso/image file.

AMD Athlon 2 X3 445 3.1Ghz 95W Triple Core AM3 Box
Gigabyte GA-MA78LMT-US2H 760G+SB710 CHIPSET
4GB Kit (2GBx2) DDR3 1333Mhz
Samsung 500GB 16MB Sata2 HD502HJ SpinPoint F3

Thanks in advance for any help

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: installation problem
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: installation problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Is that hard disk blank?

That is, not partitions or existing OS?

Also, since this is the OEM version, support should be from the OEM or machine supplier. What do they tell you to do next?
Bob

- Collapse -
Is that hard disk blank?

Hasd disk is not blank
I got the computer with limited win7. Then start XP installation (including format) which stuck after copying files to HD.
now I'm having the problem discribed above with the win 7 installation.

Thanks

- Collapse -
Re: hard disk not blank

Then blank the hard disk using DBAN or KILLDISK first. Installation of Windows 7 from the original DVD (not CD!) should work on a blank disk. If not, contact the OEM.

Kees

- Collapse -
installation - done

Thanks for helping

It works

After cleaning the hard disk using killdisk, installation complete success.

CNET Forums

Forum Info