Windows Vista forum

General discussion

Install Vista with allmy programs and Games

i do a fresh copy of windows vista on my computer every 4-6 months. and i have to install al my programs and games over and over again, that takes me alot of time (6+hours).

i want a program that can implement on the windows installation my programs and games.or if exist a software that when i want to install a fresh copy of windows, only i have to do is one click. and put my computer as i was installed with my games and program the first time.

thank you!

i have a 750hdd

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Install Vista with allmy programs and Games
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Install Vista with allmy programs and Games
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
why are you reinstalling so often?

In reply to: Install Vista with allmy programs and Games

unless you install a lot of beta software or use a lot of free/trial/p-to-p software, you shouldn't need to reinstall vista for a good 18+ months.

if you must start over frequently, consider doing an image backup after everything is installed. vista ultimate includes complete pc backup which can perform create an image backup. if you have vista premium, you'll need backup software like acronis true image.
http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/

Collapse -
thank

In reply to: why are you reinstalling so often?

thank you for your response

i reinstall xp/vista very often because one of the big problems are virus, i work with a lot of desgins and i have to connect my pendrive to many computer that have viruses and when i plug it to my computer its too late, another thing is that i like to stay the computer faster without OS problems.

you know with acronis, how to do the image and restore it with F11 on de starup?

Collapse -
Two ways...

In reply to: thank

TrueImage lets you perform a full backup/restore from within Windows, while you perform your regular activities. It also comes with, and lets you burn, an Acronis bootable rescue CD, from which you can boot (instead of your hard drive) and launch a restoration procedure, pointing it to the backup of your choice. Other choices in this field include Norton Ghost and Norton Save&Restore.

Hope this helps,
John

Collapse -
thx

In reply to: Two ways...

thnkz!!

Collapse -
virus infections and performance improvement

In reply to: thank

are completely different problems shouldn't be addressed with the same method. don't you have good anti-virus software that checks your flash drive when connected? also, consider getting an encrypted flash drive such as a kingston data traveler... it won't be accessible until you say so.

reinstalling that often won't help your performance any more than doing regular maintenance tasks like defragmenting and keeping startup programs to a minimum.

you should also consider getting a 160gb to 250gb external drive and letting acronis do daily or weekly incremental backups to it. then if something bad happens you only have to rollback a few days/weeks instead of starting from scratch.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.