PC Applications forum

General discussion

Install Help

by SIMS01 / August 24, 2005 4:50 AM PDT

Hi
I have got Total 35 Home delux 6.0 and Total Landscape Delux 6.0
On both when i hit the install icon a blue screen flashes- I guess its the install for a second and then nothing. Any ideas what can be wrong? My pc is far better than the requirements

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Install Help
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Install Help
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
More information...
by John.Wilkinson / August 24, 2005 5:19 AM PDT
In reply to: Install Help

Please provide more information, such as your system specs (including your OS), as well as more information about the software (including the manufacturer and requirements), as I was unable to find information about the products you are referring to.

Off hand, I can think of two things:
* If you are running Windows XP, and the software was not designed for Windows XP, you may have to run the software in compatibility mode. (Right-click the program/installer, select properties, click the compatibility tab, check the box next to ''run this program in compatibility mode for,'' and select Windows 95, 98/ME, etc.)
* Some programs cannot be installed/run by someone who is using a limited user account in Windows XP. If the account you are using is a limited user, try switching to an administrative account and launching the installer again.

Hope this helps,
John

Collapse -
Sorry
by SIMS01 / August 24, 2005 2:24 PM PDT
In reply to: More information...

Hi John
Wrote the name wrong: Total3D Home Delux 6.0 and Total 3D Landscape. Running XP Home as Administrator
P4 2.6 512MB Ram 120GB hard Disk Geforce FX5500 Graphics card. As i said the installer flashes for a second and then nothing. Individual Software logo on the box.
Thanks for your help.
Shaun

Collapse -
Total 3D Home Deluxe 6.0
by John.Wilkinson / August 26, 2005 1:25 AM PDT
In reply to: Sorry

I looked into the software, which really does look quite impressive. It has advanced capabilities, excellent graphics and modeling, and runs on Windows XP natively. However, I found that every comment made about the software detailed that the software is very prone to crashes, and is almost impossible to use because of it. (Just check out the twelve negative responses on Amazon.)

Despite the large number of reports of crashes were while using the problem (and a few with the installation), there do not appear to be patches/fixes/workarounds available. You might want to try contacting technical support by clicking here, although I'm not sure how much, if any, help they can/will provide. If you do not receive an appropriate response from Individual Software, demand your money back and look elsewhere. (Most of those dissatisfied with Total 3D Home Deluxe ended up buying Better Homes and Gardens Landscaping and Deck Designer by Chief Architect, which has the best rating of any other modeling software.)

Hope this helps,
John

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.