PC Applications forum

General discussion

Instaling dual core CPU for gaming one sigle core CPU

Devices; Windows XP sp2 / CPU Intel(r)Pentium 4CPU3000GhZ / Video card ATI Radeon 9600/9500/x1050 series / Disk space at the moment 18%./ RAM 502KB

Game; Assassin Creed 4 pc

Requirements; Dual core 2.6GhZ Intel Pentium D ore AMD Athlon 64x2 3800+
Ram; 1GB (only show the requirements witch I don't have)

Trying 2 install; PRO 2KxP.exe set up stops and says ; no Intel(r) adapters on my pc !?
SNMP service,WMIsnmp.exe; = not possible 2 install because other WMI already exciting !? cannot find in my system witch one

Have installed in the past 36H;
Microsoft.Netframework 3.5 dotNetFx35 set up
Ati 8-7-igp_xp32_dd_ccc_wdm_sb_gart_end_65993
Windows installer 4.5sdk
Windows6.0-kb934518-X86-Server-msu in cl.update KB893803-v2-x86 in cl. hotfix WindowsXP-KB 899271-v4-x86-nld

Have great sound but nothing appears on my screen, 2 ore 3 times white screen after that total screen stays black.
Don(t now what 2 do any more? I even wondering if it's possible 2 install dual core?
If there's someone out there ho can give me some advice, please be free 2 express you're self.
Many thanks in advance, IngeAtmove,Cisco's girl and pc tuner(modest and beginner)

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Instaling dual core CPU for gaming one sigle core CPU
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Instaling dual core CPU for gaming one sigle core CPU
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) What is "PRO 2KxP.exe"?

In reply to: Instaling dual core CPU for gaming one sigle core CPU

Collapse -
2Kees Bakker

In reply to: What is "PRO 2KxP.exe"?

It's an upgrade find on the Intel.com site 4 Intel Pentium Processors.
Grts.

Collapse -
"CPU Intel(r)Pentium 4CPU3000GhZ"

In reply to: Instaling dual core CPU for gaming one sigle core CPU

Most 3.0GHz Pentium 4's came in Socket 478 (see google) and no dual core was made in that socket. As such your machine didn't meet the game's requirements so you should set this aside till you replace the machine or find one that meets the requirements.
Bob

Collapse -
2Bob

In reply to: "CPU Intel(r)Pentium 4CPU3000GhZ"

Thank You very much 4 you're replay.
Pff, finally I can start 2 do something else since I'm a rather stubborn kind a girl that cannot accept a defied unless there's no other way.
You just gave me the insurance that it's simply not possible due 2 the fact the pc cannot for fill the requirements.
Where my love will be very disappointed, will rush of to the nearest PC shop 2 get him a new one, luckily here in Belgium sales period in on!
Still many thanks, I've learned now that instead trying and not sleeping 4 36H simply posting a question here can safe my lots of time and frustration, where on the other site I've learned by doing al the things I've done a great deal of things abut PC's and the way it function.
IngeAtmove

Collapse -
Please preview your posts.

In reply to: 2Bob

Your reply was mangled.

Collapse -
Mangled?

In reply to: Please preview your posts.

Sorry, what's the meaning of "mangled", that it was not possible to read?
Grts

Collapse -
Might be possible to read.

In reply to: Mangled?

But it's quite jumbled up so I'll just pass on trying to read it.

-> But about the Intel network driver. It appears your machine doesn't have such so don't bother with that issue today.
Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.