My wife has run into a VERY strange problem with her Inspiron 2320 All-In-One system that I can't figure out and would appreciate your thoughts.
She has had the system for a couple of years without running into any major issues / problems until a last week when she was unable to connect the All-In-One system but she was able to connect both her iPad and iPhone from the exact same location as the Inspiron 2320.
FYI, we use AT&T U-verse for our internet service and the modem is located about 40 feet from the All-In-One.
I thought that it might be the internal adapter being that she was able to connect her IPad and iPhone so I bought an external wireless adapter but that didn't help, she was still unable to connect..
So my next step was to move the All-In-One computer, first I moved it from her desk to the other side of the room but still was not able to connect.
So, I moved it into the next room down the hall and again, no connection so I moved it to the next room further down, which was across the hall and probably 20 feet from the modem, and still, no connection.
I moved it to the next room down the hallway and bingo, it connected.
So in summary
- she was able to connect with her iPad and iPhone from her office
- she is able to connect the Dell All-In-One but only intermittently (a few hours on and sometimes a day or longer without being able to connect)
- the modem is located <49 feet from where she keeps the Inspiron 2320
- the wifi indicator advises her that the connection has 2 "bars" in her office as well as the 2 other rooms that I tried and failed to get a connect and 4 "bars" in the room that I was able to get a connection
- she installed W8 a few months after we purchased the system and has been using W8 and /or W8.1 without a problem until last week
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you guys,
Pint-size luxury and funky style
Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.