Laptops forum

General discussion

Inspiron 2200 Questions

I plan on asking Dell these questions, but I thought I would run them across an impartial crowd first.

My desktop is a PentIII 700, how will the

Intel

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Inspiron 2200 Questions
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Inspiron 2200 Questions
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
The View from Here

In reply to: Inspiron 2200 Questions

The Inspiron 2200-Dell-Laptop Computer is a designed commodity that will meet a certain class or need.The word class is in reference to classification.When I went to the Dell.com web site and found my way to there notebook columns there was offered a type of survey that attempts to assist the would be purchaser with the right fit as to a laptop computer.Iam not sure if it worked because before I used this tool, I had already put something together and though the result was not a surprise,indeed I was very happy with the prospect of the Inspiron 2200.Why?I was not looking for an involved piece of gear and even further the less the clutter the better.I certainly had no ambitions to take second place but I had bigger ideas that were not in any column.I tried to keep costs down and maintain a unmistakable degree of integrity in what I was about to invest in.The first area that I was very happy to see made available was the Microsoft XP-Pro,Operating System-However,my purchase had a purpose that though not entirely evident I made certain of my wireless card,Dell has a choice of three.The most basic did the most good and that was what I went for,the Dell Wireless 1370 Internal Wireless(802.11b/g.54Mbps).I want to stop here because everything here is very clearly drawn out by Dell at www.dell.com or www.support.dell.com or even dell.com.I didn't look to load up on items that would ultimately prove un-necessary.For instance there is a defaulted software package,more than one which I turned down as much because I did not need but as well I did not want.I tried to save a few bucks here and there however when I spent I increased my hard-drive to 60GB,powered by a Intel Pentium M 725 processor(1.60GHz/2MB Cache/400MHzFSB)I purchased 256MB,2 DIMMS.DDR,totaling 512MB,for Inspiron 2200.I also looked at a few external possibilities and two have already paid of in dividends with an external Floppy Disk Drive,and as well an external optical mouse(it has worked great)I hesitated on an external hard drive but that will be amended very soon.Do not forget the adapter,it is critical that if you go the way of the laptop that you rememmber the power adapter-Though the battery can provide even access in a pinch look to place your laptop into an AC environment one way or another.This even goes outside to the real world possibility of a power inverter.I really should not go on like this because each has his or her own call to make even as suggested the view at dell is much more the result of being dell.Dell has gotten there by being from very good to being perhaps one of the best.Certainly we can all chime in and let you know what a great bit of gear but ultimately it is your ability with Dell that will tell the tale.The Inspiron 2200 for the record has USB connectors(3),network connector(RJ-45),Modem connector(RJ-11),video connector,AC adapter connector,security cable slot,battery case slot,cd or DVD drive,audio connectors,PC Card slot,indicator lights for power management as well as battery life,touch pad and touch pad buttons.To you Good Luck!

Collapse -
Power consumption

In reply to: Inspiron 2200 Questions

I hope this isn't too late =P
The Pentium M and the Celeron M have virtually no difference at all. Save the cache sizes and ... oh wait... oops! looks like they left out the POWER MANAGEMENT on the Celeron M!
Performance wise, the Celeron M will be a tad behind the Pentium M but nothing too dramatic. But as for battery life it might be reduced a tad bit. The Pentium M was built with power saving in mind so the Celeron M wouldn't eat up a whole lot of power- but keep in mind it'll still be running at full speed on power and battery

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.