General discussion

Inspiron 1011 (netbook) logon failure...

hi, i hope someone can help me?
i just got a inspiron 1011 netbook with windows 7 starter, i stated it up for the 1st time and it all worked fine....but then i done a windows update,it said i had 22 important updates.
i installed them all and had to restart the netbook, when it came back on from restart it got to the dell logon/password screen and when i entered my password it didn't logon... it said "the user profile service service failed the logon" and under that it said "user profile cannot be loaded" i cant get passed this logon screen so i cant do anything....... the dell instruction book tells you how to do a system restore,(i need to logon to do a system restore) and a pc restore <cntrl><F11> ,i tried the <cntrl><F11> that but all i got was a loud beeping noise which i think means it cant do it, the booklet does say that the F11 system restore doesent work on all models......
so i'm really stuck and need any advice which doesent include dell customer service( cos ive read on this forum they'er not very good)

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Inspiron 1011 (netbook) logon failure...
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Inspiron 1011 (netbook) logon failure...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Did you try safe mode?

And did you get or make the restore DVDs?

Also, many opt out of dvd drives and learn these are not optional later. Even worse some come out and write they are entitled to these drives. Odd.

Let's get to filling in the missing details and see what you write.
Bob

- Collapse -
Did you try safe mode?

hi ive not tried safe mode didnt think it would be an option( i dont really understand "safe mode" how does it cure the problem?.... also i did get some recovery cd/dvd but i didnt get any external drives...

- Collapse -
Sorry.

Safe mode is not a cure. But without knowing if it works in safe mode I can't offer what to do next.

Waiting for your answer.
Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info